Partner Support Counselling after Sex Addiction::Sydney&Online
When sex addiction has disrupted your relationship a need for specialised sexual relationship counselling emerges as a crucial resource for achieving clarity in deciding on your next steps and possible future for your relationship.
If you are a spouse or partner of a sex or pornography addict, it is important you understand that you are NOT the cause, and that you have not contributed in any way to the development of your partner's sexual addiction.
Sex addiction typically causes strong and conflicting emotions in both partners, and if left untreated, may lead to long term emotional harm or preventable dissolution of relationship.
- Shame, disconnection, intimacy difficulties, feelings of being a failure, and fear of abandonment are commonly experienced by the sex addict.
- Disbelief, shock, numbness, despair, acute feelings of humiliation, rejection, disgust, betrayal, anger and serious mistrust are experienced by most partners and spouses of sex addicts.
TREATING EMOTIONAL PAIN
Such devastating and life-changing impact on couples does not disappear by itself, and typically requires intervention;
- Intensive sex addiction counselling and relapse prevention therapy for the addict.
- Professional sex addiction sensitive relationship counselling for the couple.
- Sensitive support and sex-addiction-induced-trauma (SAI-T) counselling, and/or therapy for complex post-traumatic-stress disorder (C-PTSD) for the spouse.
- Despite such strong reactions, over 70% of relationships and marriages initially state a desire for staying together and to working through their upheaval together. Specialised sex addiction therapy and sex addiction sensitive relationship counselling, offered by our experienced counsellors, can make a difference and facilitate successful relationship healing.
EFFICIENT AND RESULTS FOCUSED RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING
At Sex Addiction Australia, we focus on maximum efficiency and faster results for you achieving your goals whilst saving time and money. Our private and strictly confidential relationship counselling sessions are conducted in an interactive, non-judgemental and respectful manner when solving complex, deep-rooted and sensitive sexual and relational problems. Couples are invited to give critical feedback, and complete selected homework tasks, given at the end of their sessions.
Because sex addiction presents in many different forms and is influenced by a variety of genetic, biological, and environmental factors, our approach to relationship counselling is holistically tailored to our clients' specific circumstances.
ATTENDING AS A COUPLE OR AS AN INDIVIDUAL
Many couples report they achieve best results with relationship counselling and attending all sessions together. Others decide to start off with individual counselling. Some couples change their preference to alternating couples sessions with individual appointments, for best outcomes.
Sex Addiction Australia's relationship counselling includes a full disclosure therapy program and coming to terms with sexual betrayal. You will learn to protect your values and set firm boundaries, resolving conflict, and communicating fearlessly and assertively. Our sex therapy sessions will focus on rebuilding lost intimacy, and how to create a mutually enjoyable healthy sex life.
Relationship Counselling at Sex Addiction Australia is a process of growth and change, and relationship enrichment. Many testimonials confirm that those couples who have decided to give their relationship a second chance by committing to relationship therapy, have been able to create a new, and much stronger bond and more fulfilling intimacy than they have previously experienced. Their new devotion to one another is marked by acknowledging and respecting their own, and their partner's needs and values and by putting them into practise; Love, vulnerability, loyalty, honesty, openness, partnering and alliance, forgiveness, assertiveness, self-love, self-esteem, and accountability. It's possible
RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING BY EXPERTS
Please contact our office for further information during AEST office hours, or book a confidential relationship counselling appointment with Heide. Call (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Poll: Sexual Behaviours