| Heide McConkey
SEX ADDICTION THERAPIST SEXOLOGIST PROFESSIONAL COUNSELLOR
- Dip. Professional Counselling, M.A.I.P.C,.M.A.C.A.,P.C.A
- Dip. Sexual Health Counselling, ASSERT, ACSHP
- Clinical Sex Therapist, ASSERT NSW
- Director at Affirmotive Professional Counselling and Consulting, since 1998
- Director at Affirmotive Sex and Relationship Therapy, since 2002
- Director at Affirmotive Sex Addiction Australia (ASAA), since 2005
- Supervisor, College Of Supervisors ACA
EDUCATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Dip.Professional Counselling, Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC).
- Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC).
- Professional Member of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
- Registered Supervisor of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
- Professional Member of the Professional Counselling Association of the ACT and NSW Inc. (PCA)
- Dip.Sexual Health Counselling Post Graduate Studies, Australian Society of Sexuality Educators, Researchers, and Therapists (ASSERT) and the Australian College of Sexual Health Physicians (ACSHP), Sydney Hospital.
- Sexual Health and Erectile Dysfunction Telephone Counselling with Impotence Australia.
- Accredited Professional Member of the Australian Society of Sexuality Educators, Researchers and Therapists (ASSERT NSW).
- Committee Member of the Australian Society of Sexuality Educators, Researchers and Therapists (ASSERT) 2004-2011.
- Committee Member World Congress Sydney, World Association of Sexologists (WAS), 2007.
- Advanced Training Voice Dialogue; The Psychology of the Aware Ego, the Psychology of the Selves, and Voice Dialogue, with Dr Hal Stone and Dr Sidra Stone, USA, and the Australian Institute for Relational Training, Melbourne.
- Senior Voice Dialogue Facilitator.
- Member of the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association Inc.
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) Training Module 1, International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP) USA, 2016.
- Ongoing Professional Education Programs and Clinical Supervision.
Heide is an experienced Professional Sex and Relationship Counsellor and a qualified Clinical Sex Therapist. She has specialised in the treatments of sexual addiction disorders, sexual compulsive behaviours, sexual hyper arousal disorder, sexual orientation and gender diversity, sexual function and dysfunction, and sexual health counselling.
SEX ADDICTION AUSTRALIA IN THE MEDIA
Heide is a Consultant, Speaker, Media Commentator and Conference Presenter. She has featured as an invited guest in a number of TV shows and Radio programs, including ABC National Radio and SBS World News, and she writes blogs and makes regular contributions to Magazine and Newspaper articles. Most recently, on the 28th of April 2017 Heide has featured as an invited guest in the ABC 2 TV show Life Hack - Sex Addicts.
Please read further in News Update.
MEMBERSHIPS TO LEGAL BODIES
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS AND WORKSHOPS
- 'Voice Dialogue In Sex Therapy' is an experimental intervention tool for the treatment of sexual addictions, sexual compulsion, and sexual dysfunctions. This self-authored model was first presented by Heide McConkey at the ACA National Conference, Brisbane 16 - 17 October 2004, and the ASSERT National Conference Sexology, Sydney 4 - 5 December 2004.
- Voice paper 'The Brain And Porn, Treatment Models for Pornography Addiction' presented at the Australasian Sexual Health Conference in Sydney, 9-11 September 2014.
- Workshop 'Understanding & Treating Sexual Addiction As A Mental Health Issue' presented at the AISHM (Australian Institute Of Sexual Health Medicine) conference in Sydney, 2-3 October 2015.
- Affiliation with South Pacific Private Psychiatric Hospital, Sydney, as Endorsed Service Provider.