Private Counselling For Sex Addictions::Sydney&Online
The term frotteurism stems from the French language, and can be translated into ‘rub’, ‘one who rubs’, or ‘rubber’.
Frotteurism can be classified as;
- Sexual Addiction
FROTTAGE AND FROTTEURISM
A legal difference exists between the terms ‘Frottage’, referring to a consensual sexual act between two or more participants, also known as ‘Dry Humping’, and Frotteurism, as a form of non-consensual sexual behaviour, involving non-suspecting and non-consenting persons.
Individuals who have addicted to frotteurism commonly experience;
- Significant highs, caused by fantasising, planning, and acting out the behaviour.
- Very short term sexual and mental rewards, derived from the behaviour.
- Followed by significant distress, caused by relentless, intrusive, and escalating sexual fantasies and urges, that may disrupt every day functioning.
BEHAVIOURS IN FROTTEURISM
Frotteurism refers to a paraphilic sexual behaviour of rubbing one’s genitals, or other parts of one’s body, against non-consenting persons for personal and sexual gratification and reward.
- A majority of frotteurs are male, with most of their victims being female.
- A smaller number of frotteurs are female, rubbing against non-consensual males.
- Same-sex frotteurism also occurs.
- Adult-on-child frotteurism is considered child sexual abuse.
RISK LOCATIONS ACTING OUT
Places of acting out can be anywhere, but most commonly include public locations and crowded places, where the rubbing and ‘bumping into people’ can be easily be disguised as an accident, or where the victim is in a less likely position to take action.
Most often reported locations include;
- Dance Floors
- Public Gatherings
- Busy Streets
- Crowded Waiting Areas
COUNSELLING FOR FROTTEURISM DISORDER
If you are experiencing distress caused by frotteurism, please contact Sex Addiction Australia for information or booking a confidential consultation. Call (+61) 02 9380 4486 during EST office hours, or email email@example.com
Frotteurism may offend against the law. Please consult our designated LEGAL page.