Marriage Counselling After Sex Addiction In Sydney & Online
Affirmotive Sex Addiction Australia (ASAA) uses our specifically developed treatment model for marriage counselling after sex addiction and marital infidelity.
This model addresses the needs of both partners equally, by offering expert trauma and support counselling for spouses of sex addicts who are affected by betrayal trauma or SAI-T, and intensive clinical sex addiction treatment and effective relapse prevention therapy for the sexually addicted marital partner.
Our counselling sessions are conducted in a professional, non-judgemental, exclusively private, and strictly confidential manner. Couples can choose to attend together or individually. Sessions are available as face to face in office, face to face Skype, or phone (including face time phone) appointments. A late 9pm appointment is available for couples working late hours, having young children, or living interstate or overseas.
Sexual addiction is the most hidden, and the most intrusive of all addictions. It can affect men and women and is powerful in cutting deep into the foundations of our social values, on which marriages are built. Help is at hand if you find yourself having marriage problems and pornogeaphy, sex addiction, or love addiction upheaval, or if you are concerned about aspects of your own sexuality, or if you want to talk about sexual health and safety issues.
COMMON IMPACTS OF SEX ADDICTION ON SPOUSES
- Wives and spouses of sex addicts commonly experience acute shock, numbness, helplessness, extreme anger, disbelief, and severe distress upon discovery of their partners sexual betrayal.
- Wives and spouses frequently report Sex Addiction Induced Trauma symptoms (SAI-T). Symptoms may include flashbacks of betrayal events, nightmares, extreme mood swings, extreme anger, sleep disturbance, difficulty with food and appetite regulation and weight control, concentration difficulties, memory lapses, emotional constriction, hypervigilance, compulsive control needs, avoidance behaviours, loss of identity, depression, anxiety, hair loss, low self-esteem, loss of energy, and an array of physical ailments.
EFFECTIVE RECOVERY AND SAVING THE MARRIAGE
- Effective treatments for sex addicts include; Intensive professional sex addiction counselling. Disclosure therapy. Personal history and trauma recovery and treatment. Long-term relapse prevention and termination of sexual addiction. Sex therapy. Developing realistic sexuality and marriage boundaries. Referral to medical treatments if necessary.
- Therapy for wives and spouses of sex addicts include; Professional support counselling. Addressing personal needs to developing day to day coping strategies after betrayal. Relationship future and marriage assessment. Emotion and trust counselling. Sex-addiction-induced-trauma (SAI-T) counselling. Post-traumatic stress response therapy. Self-esteem and identity counselling. Anxiety and depression counselling. Anger and conflict management. Setting personal boundaries. Referral to medical treatments, if applicable.
- Marriage counselling includes; Specific marriage counselling after sex addiction and betrayal. Dealing with broken trust and emotional pain. Assessing both partners ability to move forward. Sex therapy. Setting realistic boundaries to mutual sexual and emotional expectations in the marriage. Accountability and commitment therapy for all aspects of married life.
MENDING BROKEN TRUST
Wives and spouses find trusting their sexually addicted husbands and partners almost impossible. They may develop checking, controlling, or avoidance behaviours that are not only stressful, but alien to their nature. Rebuilding broken trust will take professional work and time. Sex Addiction Australia focuses firmly on trust recovery as a key element in rebuilding marriages damaged by infidelity.
A 70% majority of marriages, who are devastated by sexual addiction, initially say they want to salvage their relationship. At ASAA a majority of committed couples achieve their goal.
MARRIAGE COUNSELLING FOR SEX ADDICTION BY EXPERTS
Your marriage counsellor is available in Sydney and online during AEST office hours for information or booking a confidential appointment. Please call Heide (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org