Marriage Counselling After Sex Addiction By Renowned Sex Therapist In Sydney & Online
Sex addiction is the most hidden and intrusive of all addictions. Sex addiction is a disorder of ‘faulty wiring’ in the limbic brain circuitry associated with motivation, pleasure, dominance, and reward. Sex addiction does not discriminate. It can affect anyone, male and female, and even the most devoted of couples and the best of marriages. Sexual addictions are powerful and gravely harmful to couples and marriages. Sex addictions are cutting deep into our social and spiritual values, on which marriages are built.
Sex addiction breaks essential marital boundaries of trust, spirituality, commitment and consent, and it jeopardizes validity in a marital future. For those couples, who want to salvage their marriage, a greatest challenge lies in rebuilding trust. Marriage counselling at Sex Addiction Australia is specifically designed to enable couples to heal an addictive past, and together building a future after betrayal.
Our marriage therapist addresses the needs of both partners;
- We offer professional trauma and support counselling for spouses of sex addicts, and healing the traumatic effects of betrayal.
- Sex addicts benefit form our 20 years of professional experience in treating and stopping the toxic cycle of sex addiction for good, with our intensive clinical sex addiction therapy.
A majority of married couples, sex addicts and their spouses, who are fully committed to their cause, can testify to achieving their goals with Affirmotive Sex Addiction Australia ASAA.
PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL IMPACTS OF BETRAYAL TRAUMA ON SPOUSES
- Initially, and upon discovery of their partners sexual betrayal spouses of sex addicts may experience indescribably pain, acute shock, numbness, helplessness, extreme anger, disgust, disbelief, and severe distress.
- Spouses of sex addicts frequently report Sex Addiction Induced Trauma symptoms (SAI-T).
- Symptoms vary and may include; flashbacks of betrayal events, nightmares, extreme mood swings, extreme anger, shame, disgust, feelings of self-unattractiveness and unworthiness, sleep disturbance, difficulty with food, drink, and appetite regulation and weight control, general concentration difficulties, memory lapses, emotional constriction, hypervigilance, compulsive out of character checking and control needs, avoidance behaviours, loss of identity, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, loss of energy, hair loss, and an array of physical ailments.
EFFECTIVE SEX ADDICTION RECOVERY AND SAVING THE MARRIAGE
Our effective treatments for Sex Addicts at ASSA include;
- Intensive professional sex addiction counselling.
- Taking a relational and sexual development history.
- Sex addict trauma/dysphoria counselling.
- Disclosure therapy.
- Relapse prevention therapy.
- Termination of sexual addiction.
- Clinical sex therapy.
- Developing healthy sexual expectations and realistic consent boundaries for sexual behaviours in marriage.
- Referral to medical treatments, if necessary.
Our therapy for Spouses of Sex Addicts includes;
- Professional betrayal trauma and support counselling.
- Developing day to day coping strategies after betrayal.
- Developing a personal self care plan.
- Making an informed decision on granting, or denying, consent of involvement in the partner’s disclosure therapy.
- If consent was granted, preparing for emotional impact of disclosure.
- Relationship future and marriage assessment.
- Emotion and trust counselling.
- Sex-addiction-induced-trauma (SAI-T) counselling.
- Post-traumatic stress response therapy.
- Self-esteem, and loss of identity counselling.
- Anxiety and depression counselling.
- Anger and conflict management.
- Setting personal boundaries.
- Referral to medical treatments, if applicable.
Our Marriage counselling after Sex Addiction includes;
- Specific marriage counselling after sex addiction and betrayal.
- Dealing with broken trust and emotional pain.
- Assessing both partners ability to move forward.
- Setting realistic boundaries to mutual sexual and emotional expectations in the marriage.
- Clinical sex therapy.
- Respectful, open and fearless couples communication skills.
- Intelligent couples conflict resolution skills.
- Acceptance, accountability, and commitment therapy for all aspects of married life.
- Reigniting intimacy.
MENDING BROKEN TRUST
After discovery of marital betrayal, spouses find trusting their sexually addicted partners almost impossible. They may develop checking, controlling, or avoidance behaviours that are not only stressful, but alien to their nature. Rebuilding broken trust will take professional work, patience, commitment and time. Sex Addiction Australia focuses firmly on trust recovery as a key element in rebuilding marriages, damaged by infidelity.
A 70% majority of marriages, who are devastated by sexual addiction, initially say they want to salvage their relationship. At ASAA a majority of these committed couples achieve their goal.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY OR BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Help is on hand. Your friendly marriage counsellor is available in Sydney and online. Please Enquire Or Book Online or call Heide now and get obligation free information (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org