Private Counselling for Online Sex Addiction By Renowned Sex Therapist in Sydney & Nationally Online
WHY ONLINE SEX IS ATTRACTIVE FOR MANY CONSUMERS
- Online sex forums allow interested consumers easy access, and provide perceived anonymity, assumed privacy and safety, opportunity, and novelty and surprise.
- Curious teenagers may want to explore sex safely online. The Internet can assist with (sometimes false) education, privacy, and (assumed) anonymity.
- Adults may see online sex as an extension to their sexuality, by sharing their sexual interests and fantasies with like-minded others.
- For some, online sex is a forum of expressing sexual taboos, too embarrassing or too impossible to share in real-life settings.
- Couples in long distance relationships may use consensual sex online as a tool to keep their relationship together.
- For others, online sex forums may be helpful to overcome sexual shyness and encourage open sexual communication.
- An estimated 10 -20% of online sex users are at risk to develop sexual addiction, or are already sex addicts.
- Online sex addiction can develop fast and without warning and is characterised by escalation and inability to stop.
- Sexual addictions are treatable disorders and require intervention by a professional sex addiction counsellor and qualified clinical sex therapist.
SOLUTIONS AND THERAPY
Solutions are here. Affirmotive Sex Addiction Australia, ASAA is a specialist in treating online sexual addicts and their spouses. We have over two decades of professional experience in the field of human sexuality and sexual behaviour treatment, including spousal sexual betrayal trauma therapy, and relationship recovery. We can help sex addicts to stop their toxic cycle of sex addiction and return to healthy enjoyable sexuality.
VIRTUAL SEX ENCOUNTERS
Online sex is a virtual sex encounter between consenting participants, who connect via the internet to exchange aspects of their sexuality. This may range from working out personal, sexual, or gender issues, to exchanging arousing sexual talk and images, or proceeding to sexual role-play and masturbation, or performing a plethora of sexual acts online. Some sex addicts escalate their behaviour to meeting their online sex partners offline, and engage in physical sex with them.
Most commonly used online sex locations include sex chat rooms, email and instant messenger systems, social media, sex and porn websites, and diverse dating apps. Some online sex addicts maintain multiple personal profiles simultaneously to attract as many sex partners as possible. Webcams may be used to provide visual enhancement and arousal.
Internet sex is a mostly private activity. However, several commercial sex sites feature employed sex workers online, and offer paid services.
Some Internet users may enter sex chat-rooms and social media platforms by using an avatar of themselves. Avatars are attractive because they protect privacy and provide anonymity. Avatars may unleash creativity to almost limitless fantasy role-play as a ‘third person’ identity, without ever revealing their true identity, or taking responsibility. Participants, who enter as avatars, may retain their character for the entire duration of their online relationship.
PERSONAL AND LEGAL RISKS OF ONLINE SEX USE
Users may make false assumptions about online sex safety.
- Internet sex is criticised because participants may have little verifiable knowledge about each other.
- Gender, age, identity, motivation, and location of participants may be obscured.
- Corrupt participants may record nude photos and role-play sessions without informed consent, and with malicious intent to disclose the content to selected others, or publicly online.
- Online sex forums may carry an inherent danger of attracting opportunistic sex offenders, who may commit sex crimes.
- Frequent use of Internet sex can trigger dangerous levels of distorted sexual fantasy, and abnormal sexual arousal.
- Frequent online sexual activity carries significant risk of sexual addiction and development of compulsive sexual behaviour disorder (CSBD), including pornography, masturbation and fetish addiction.
Online sex, and virtual affairs, present a new form of marital infidelity. Many relationships and marriages experience significant distress arising from non-consensual use of online sex.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY OR BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Get help if you experience personal distress or marital conflict due to online sexual activity. Contact our clinical sex addiction therapist and relationship specialist at Sex Addiction Australia. Book Or Enquire Online or call us in Sydney during office hours (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email email@example.com