Private Counselling For Prostitution Addiction Sydney&Online
Addiction to prostitution, including frequenting brothels, escort services, street walkers, and erotic massage parlours are learnt sexual behaviours, and like all types of sexual addiction promotes powerful hormone releases in the brain’s pleasure and reward circuity, which is believed to be a biological basis for sexual addiction. Prostitution addiction is not gender specific, although it is a predominant male problem. Women too are reported to use the services of sex workers, and some sex workers may be sexual addicts themselves.
Please note* Not all users of payed sexual services are sex addicts. Addiction to prostitution can be assumed when a person frequently preoccupies with, or acts out such behaviour without being able to stop even if they sincerely desire to do so, and/or to avoiding negative consequences. Prostitution addiction is a brain disorder and requires specific treatment to achieve full recovery.
Prostitution addiction disorder can also be seen as a form of attachment disorder, where the addict pays to live out their sexual fantasies without any true emotional attachment to their sexual partner.
As a part of the disorder, prostitution addicts frequently report extreme sexual arousal and severe sexual cravings prior to acting out, and may spend inordinate amounts of time preoccupying with, and consuming their sex appointments, often followed by negative mood swings or regrets, after the act.
RISKS IN PROSTITUTION ADDICTION
- Addicts to prostitution are at risk of social embarrassment, and losing relationship, family, work, and status.
- Financial spending on sex services can be substantial. Some sex addicts suffer consequences of financial hardship.
- Brothel goers and sex workers are at increased risk of infection and spreading sexually transmitted diseases.
- In some states and countries, where prostitution is illegal, sex addicts risk police arrest and legal prosecution.
- Acting out sex or employing underage sex workers risks legal prosecution in all states and countries.
COUNSELLING FOR PROSTITUTION ADDICTION
Prostitution addiction is a fully treatable disorder, and recovery is possible with our professional sex addiction treatment plan. Sex Addiction Australia offers confidential counselling to sex addicts and their spouses, who are suffering devastating impacts of betrayal from prostitution addiction. For further information or booking a confidential appointment please call Heide (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org