Private Confidential Counselling For Prostitution Addiction Sydney & Online
Addiction to paying for sex promotes powerful neurotransmitter releases in an addict’s pleasure and reward circuitry of the meso limbic brain, which is believed to be a biological basis for sexual addiction. Prostitution addiction is not gender specific, although it is a predominant male problem. Women too are reported to use the services of escorts and sex workers, and some sex workers may be sexual addicts themselves.
Please note* not all users of paid sex services are sex addicts. Addiction to prostitution can be assumed where paying for sex has taken over other areas of a person’s sexuality and personal life, and where a person cannot stop such behaviour, even if they sincerely desire to do so. Prostitution addiction is a brain disorder and requires professional treatment to achieve full recovery.
As a part of the disorder, prostitution addicts report extreme high sexual arousal and severe sexual cravings prior to meeting with a sex worker. Prostitution addicts may spend inordinate amounts of time fantasising about sex, or consuming their sex appointments, often followed by disappointments and negative mood swings, or regrets after the act.
RISKS IN PROSTITUTION ADDICTION
- Addicts to prostitution are at risk of social embarrassment, and losing relationship, family, work, and status.
- Financial spending on sex services can be substantial. Some sex addicts may suffer consequences of financial hardship.
- Sex users and sex workers may be at increased risk of infection and spreading sexually transmitted diseases.
- In some states and countries, where prostitution is illegal, sex addicts risk police arrest and legal prosecution.
- Employing underage sex workers, or having sex with underaged sex wokers, risks legal prosecution in all states of Australia, and in most countries around the world.
COUNSELLING FOR PROSTITUTION ADDICTION
Prostitution addiction is a fully treatable disorder, and achieving full recovery is possible with our professional sex addiction treatment plan. Sex Addiction Australia in Sydney and online offers private professional counselling to sex addicts, and to their spouses who are suffering devastating impacts of prostitution addiction betrayal. For further information or booking a confidential appointment please call Heide in her Sydney office (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email email@example.com