Confidential Private Practice Counselling For Paid Sex Addiction In Sydney & Online
Paying for sex promotes in sex addicts powerful neurotransmitter releases in their meso limbic brain circuitry associated with basic emotions such as pleasure, sex, moods, reward, motivation, and dominance, and is believed to form a biological basis for sexual addiction. Paid sex addiction is not gender specific, although it presents as a predominant male problem. Women too are reported to use the services of escorts and sex workers, and some sex workers may be sexual addicts themselves.
Please note* not all users of paid sex services are sex addicts. Addiction to prostitution sex can be assumed where paying for sex has taken over other areas of a person’s sexuality and personal life, and where a person cannot stop such behaviour even if they sincerely desire to do so. Hypersexual disorder, or sex addiction, including paying for sex addiction, is a brain disorder of ‘faulty wiring’ and requires professional treatment to achieve full recovery.
As a part of the disorder, prostitution sex addicts report extreme high sexual arousals and severe sexual cravings when thinking of, or preparing for, their sex appointments. They may spend inordinate amounts of time explicitly fantasising about sex with sex workers and/or consuming their sex appointments, often followed by disappointments and negative mood swings and regrets after the act.
RISKS FOR PAID SEX ADDICTS
- Addicts to prostitution sex are at risk of social embarrassment, and losing relationships, family, work, money and status.
- Financial spending on sex services can be substantial. Some sex addicts may suffer consequences of financial hardship.
- Sex users and sex workers are at increased risk of STI infections and spreading sexually transmitted diseases.
- In some states and countries, where prostitution is illegal, sex addicts and workers risk police arrest and legal prosecution.
- Employing underage sex workers, or having sex with underage sex workers risks legal prosecution in all states of Australia, and in most countries around the world.
COUNSELLING FOR PAID SEX ADDICTION
Prostitution sex addiction is a fully treatable disorder, and achieving full recovery is possible with our professional sex addiction treatment plan. Sex Addiction Australia in Sydney and online offers private confidential and discreet professional counselling to sex addicts, and to their spouses who are suffering devastating impacts of betrayal trauma. For further information or booking a confidential appointment directly please call Heide in Sydney Today, or Book Online Anytime. Call Heide Today (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org