RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING FOR SEX ADDICTION IN SYDNEY & ONLINE
When sex addiction has disrupted your relationship a need for specialised relationship counselling and sex addiction therapy emerges as a crucial resource for achieving clarity in deciding on your next steps, and future in your relationship.
If you are a spouse or partner of a sex, love, or pornography addict, it is important you understand you are not the cause of their addiction, and you have not contributed in any way to the escalation of your partner’s sexual addiction.
Sex addiction typically triggers strong and conflicting emotions in both partners. If left untreated, such unresolved conflict may lead to long term emotional harm and relationship break-down.
- The addict commonly struggles with shame, guilt, anger, self-loathing, disconnection, intimacy difficulties, feelings of being a failure, and fear of abandonment.
- Their spouse’ response is shock, being torn between disbelief, numbness, helplessness, despair, acute feelings of humiliation, rejection, disgust, extreme anger, emotional restriction, and deep mistrust.
TREATING EMOTIONAL PAIN
Such devastating and life-changing impact on a couple does not disappear by itself. Clinical intervention by a specialist sex addiction therapist can make a change with providing sex addiction treatment, sensitive relationship counselling, and professional sexual therapy.
- Clinical intervention for the addict may include intensive sex addiction counselling, sex therapy, disclosure therapy, trauma recovery, and a long-term relapse prevention strategy.
- Clinical intervention for the couple may include professional sex addiction sensitive relationship counselling, sex therapy, dealing with betrayal, assessing trust issues, rebuilding trust, and restoring lost intimacy and healthy sexuality.
- Clinical intervention for the spouse may include caring support and sex-addiction-induced-trauma (SAI-T) counselling, a step by step approach to heal betrayal trauma, counselling for personal issues, taking steps day by day, dealing with broken trust, coming to terms, making sound decisions.
- Over 70% of couples initially express desire for staying together and working through their upheaval together.
- Our professional sex addiction treatment program for couples and relationships can facilitate successful relationship healing.
EFFICIENT AND RESULTS FOCUSED RELATIONSHIP ADDICTION COUNSELLING
At Sex Addiction Australia, we focus on maximum efficiency and faster results for achieving your goals of relationship addiction treatment, whilst saving time and money. Our private and strictly confidential relationship and sex addiction counselling sessions are conducted in an interactive, non-judgemental, and respectful manner when solving complex, deep-rooted, and sensitive sexual and relational problems. Couples are invited to give critical feedback and complete selected homework tasks, given at the end of their sessions.
Because sexual addiction can express in a multitude of manifestations, and is influenced by a variety of genetic, biological, and environmental factors, our approach to sex addiction relationship counselling is holistically tailored to our couples’ specific circumstances.
ATTENDING AS A COUPLE OR AS AN INDIVIDUAL
Many couples report they achieve best results by attending all sessions together. Others decide to start with individual counselling. Some couples change their preference to alternating relationship counselling with individual appointments, for best outcomes.
Couples will learn to identify and protect their individual core values, setting firm boundaries, resolving conflict, and acquiring new and assertive communication skills. Our relationship counselling and sex therapy sessions will focus on rebuilding dignity, developing empathy, mending broken trust issues, dealing with the enormity of betrayal, developing mutual understanding and respect, and restoring lost intimacy. Couples will discover new ways of creating a new kind of relationship with each other. And those, who wish to remain sexual, will find new challenges of creating a mutually enjoyable healthy sex life.
Relationship counselling at Sex Addiction Australia is a process of growth, change, and relationship enrichment. Many testimonials confirm that those couples, who have decided to give their relationship a second chance, have been able to create a much stronger bond than they have previously experienced. Their new devotion to one another is marked by acknowledging and respecting their partner’s needs and values and their own. Putting their new learning into practise demands vulnerability, courage, willingness, honesty, openness, forgiveness, self-care, and accountability on both sides. It’s a lot, and it’s possible.
RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING BY SEX ADDICTION EXPERTS
For further information or booking a confidential relationship counselling appointment please contact our Sydney office during AEST business hours. Call Heide (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email email@example.com