PRIVATE PRACTICE CONFIDENTIAL RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING AFTER SEX ADDICTION IN SYDNEY & ONLINE
When sex addiction has disrupted your relationship, a need for specialised relationship counselling and sex addiction therapy emerges as a crucial resource for achieving clarity in deciding on your next steps forward, and your relationship future.
As a spouse or partner of a sex, love, or pornography addict, it is important you understand you are not the cause of their addiction, and you have not contributed in any way to escalations of their sexual addiction.
Sex addiction typically triggers strong and conflicting emotions in both partners. If left untreated, such unresolved conflict may lead to long term emotional harm and relationship break-down.
- Sex addicts commonly struggle with denial, self-justification, partner blame, shame, guilt, anger, self-loathing, disconnection, intimacy problems, feelings of being a failure, and crippling fear of abandonment.
- A spousal response to intimate betrayal is typically one of indescribable emotional pain, shock, disbelief, numbness, despair, acute feelings of humiliation and rejection, disgust, extreme anger, emotional constriction, and deep mistrust.
TREATING EMOTIONAL PAIN AT SEX ADDICTION AUSTRALIA
Such devastating and life-changing impact on couples does not disappear by itself. Clinical intervention by our sex addiction specialist can bring positive change.
- Our clinical intervention for sexual addicts includes intensive professional sex addiction treatment, clinical sex therapy, sex addict trauma and dysphoria counselling, long-term relapse prevention and termination of sexual addiction.
- Our couples counselling includes assessing relationship damage and relationship future, dealing with emotional safety and financial insecurities, treating intimacy issues and setting firm and healthy boundaries to personal values such as sexual expectations and consent for both partners. Furthermore, we provide professional sexual health counselling by sex therapist, and emotional relationship healing.
- Our spouse support therapy includes professional counselling for sustained sex addiction induced trauma (SAI-T), a gentle step by step approach to treat the wounds of betrayal trauma and enabling coping mechanisms for day to day functioning, creating strengths while dealing with shock, a broken heart and broken trust, and coming to terms and making sound personal decisions.
- Over 70% of couples initially express their desire for staying together and working through their upheaval together. With compassionate and professional help, they can.
- Our relationship counselling program, specifically designed by ASAA for sexual addictions and betrayal trauma treatment, can successfully facilitate in couples relationship healing, and/or achieving a peaceful separation for those who want to move forward alone.
EFFICIENT AND RESULTS FOCUSED RELATIONSHIP ADDICTION COUNSELLING
At Sex Addiction Australia, we focus on maximum efficiency and faster results for achieving your goals of relationship addiction treatment, whilst saving your time and money. Our private and strictly confidential relationship and sex addiction counselling sessions are conducted in an interactive, non-judgemental, and respectful manner when solving complex, deep-rooted, and sensitive sexual and relational problems.
Because sexual addiction can manifest in a multitude of expressions, and is influenced by a variety of genetic, biological, and environmental factors, our approach to sex addiction relationship counselling is holistically tailored to our couples specific circumstances.
ATTENDING AS A COUPLE OR AS AN INDIVIDUAL
Many couples report they achieve best results by attending all sessions together. Others decide to start with individual counselling. Some couples change their preference to alternating relationship counselling with individual appointments for best outcomes.
At Sex Addiction Australia Counselling, couples will learn to identify and protect their individual core values and setting healthy boundaries, resolving conflict, and acquiring assertive communication skills. Our relationship counselling and sex therapy sessions will focus on rebuilding dignity, developing empathy, mending broken trust, dealing with the enormity of betrayal, and developing mutual understanding and respect. Couples will discover new ways of creating a new kind of relationship with each other. And those, who wish to remain sexual with eachother can profit from our clinical sex therapy and find new challenges of creating a mutually enjoyable healthy sex life again.
Relationship counselling at Sex Addiction Australia is a process of growth, change, and relationship enrichment. Many testimonials confirm that those couples, who have decided to give their relationship a second chance, have been able to create a much stronger bond than they previously have experienced. They describe their new devotion to one another as ‘acknowledging, communicating, listening, and respecting their partners needs, as well as staying true to their own values.’ Putting these new learnings into practise demands vulnerability and accountability, courage, willingness, honesty, openness, forgiveness and self-care on both sides. It’s a lot, and it’s possible.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY OR BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Enquire or book a private and confidential relationship counselling appointment with our sex addiction and relationship expert Heide Book Or Enquire Online or call Heide directly in Sydney. Call now (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org