RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING FOR SEX ADDICTION IN SYDNEY & ONLINE
When sex addiction has disrupted your relationship, a need for specialised relationship counselling and sex addiction therapy emerges as a crucial resource for achieving clarity in deciding on your next steps and relationship future.
As a spouse or partner of a sex, love, or pornography addict, it is important you understand you are not the cause of their addiction, and you have not contributed in any way to escalations of their sexual addiction.
Sex addiction typically triggers strong and conflicting emotions in both partners. If left untreated, such unresolved conflict may lead to long term emotional harm and relationship break-down.
- Sex addicts commonly struggle with denial, self-justification, blaming their partner, shame, guilt, anger, self-loathing, disconnection, intimacy problems, feelings of being a failure, and fear of abandonment.
- Their spouses’ response is shock, disbelief, numbness, despair, acute feelings of humiliation and rejection, disgust, extreme anger, emotional constriction, and deep mistrust.
TREATING EMOTIONAL PAIN
Such devastating and life-changing impact on couples does not disappear by itself. Clinical intervention by our sex addiction specialist can bring positive change.
- Clinical intervention for sexual addicts includes; Intensive professional sex addiction counselling, clinical sex therapy, addict trauma counselling, long-term relapse prevention and termination of sexual addiction.
- Couples counselling includes; assessing relationship damage & relationship future, dealing with uncertainty, disloyalty and dishonesty, setting healthy boundaries to personal values and to sexual expectations and consent, professional sex and relationship counselling.
- Spouse support therapy includes; Professional counselling for sustained sex addiction induced trauma (SAI-T) a gentle step by step approach to heal betrayal trauma, professional counselling for personal issues, coping mechanism for everyday demands, dealing with shock, broken heart and broken trust, coming to terms and making sound decisions.
- Over 70% of couples initially express desire for staying together and working through their upheaval together.
- Our professional relationship counselling program for sexual addiction and betrayal can successfully facilitate in couples relationship healing, or achieving a peaceful separation for those who want to move forward alone.
EFFICIENT AND RESULTS FOCUSED RELATIONSHIP ADDICTION COUNSELLING
At Sex Addiction Australia, we focus on maximum efficiency and faster results for achieving your goals of relationship addiction treatment, whilst saving time and money. Our private and strictly confidential relationship and sex addiction counselling sessions are conducted in an interactive, non-judgemental, and respectful manner when solving complex, deep-rooted, and sensitive sexual and relational problems.
Because sexual addiction can express in a multitude of manifestations and is influenced by a variety of genetic, biological, and environmental factors, our approach to sex addiction relationship counselling is holistically tailored to our couples specific circumstances.
ATTENDING AS A COUPLE OR AS AN INDIVIDUAL
Many couples report they achieve best results by attending all sessions together. Others decide to start with individual counselling. Some couples change their preference to alternating relationship counselling with individual appointments for best outcomes.
Couples will learn to identify and protect their individual core values and setting healthy boundaries, resolving conflict, and acquiring assertive communication skills. Our relationship counselling and sex therapy sessions will focus on rebuilding dignity, developing empathy, mending broken trust, dealing with the enormity of betrayal, and developing mutual understanding and respect. Couples will discover new ways of creating a new kind of relationship with each other. *And those, who wish to remain sexual with eachother, will find new challenges of creating a mutually enjoyable healthy sex life again.
Relationship counselling at Sex Addiction Australia is a process of growth, change, and relationship enrichment. Many testimonials confirm that those couples, who have decided to give their relationship a second chance, have been able to create a much stronger bond than they previously have experienced. They describe their new devotion to one another as ‘acknowledging, communicating, listening, and respecting their partners’ needs, as well as staying true to their own values.’ Putting new learning into practise demands vulnerability, courage, willingness, honesty, openness, forgiveness, self-care, and accountability on both sides. It’s a lot, and it’s possible.
RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING BY SEX ADDICTION EXPERTS
For further information or booking a confidential relationship counselling appointment please contact our Sydney office during AEST business hours and talk directly to Heide (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org