CHOOSE OUR CONFIDENTIAL PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE ONE-ON-ONE PRIVATE COUNSELLING IN SYDNEY AND ONLINE
Individual sex addiction counselling is a preferred option for people who are single, living separated from their spouse, or living in traumatic relationships, and for anyone else who is feeling more comfortable talking to our experienced professional sex addiction therapist in private. Opening up for the first time about very personal, sensitive, and confronting issues can be challenging. Some people achieve recovery faster when choosing an individual counselling approach throughout their entire therapy process. Others gain best outcomes by alternating individual therapy with relationship counselling.
Our individual sex addiction counselling sessions are strictly confidential, and in accordance with the Australian law. This means, your counsellor cannot disclose session details to a third party without your explicit permission. Please find further detailed information regarding confidentiality on our designated Legal page.
Individual counselling sessions allow counsellor and client to work deep into the problematic origins that have influenced the development of your sexual addictive behaviours in the first place. Taking this step is critical in determining best success in sex addiction treatment, and lasting recovery outcomes.
Individual sex addiction counselling is a one-on-one interactive dynamic, and a non-judgemental process. Sex addiction is a fully treatable disorder and requires your full commitment to therapy, recovery and change, be it face-to-face in person, via Skype online, or telephone sessions.
HOW OUR INDIVIDUAL SEX ADDICTION COUNSELLING WORKS
- Understanding your sexual and relational history
- Providing you with a professional assessment
- Developing a personal short-term and long-term sex addiction recovery and relapse prevention plan
- Determining, strengthening, and integrating your core (true) values
- Establishing boundaries
- Understanding and managing your emotions
- Identifying your triggers
- Managing your cravings
- Practical tools to deal with your cravings
- Stress and anxiety management
- Dealing with withdrawal symptoms
- ‘Your Brain on Sex and Porn Addiction’, education
- Developing self care and integrity (not selfishness)
- Sex therapy
- Intimacy and healthy sexuality development
- Communication, conflict-resolution, and relationship skills
- Completing homework tasks
- Giving critical feedback to sessions
- Ongoing counsellor’s support
- Involving medical support, if necessary
Your progress will be carefully monitored by Sex Addiction Australia’s principal counsellor Heide McConkey, who will guide you through your recovery and relapse prevention process step by step.
INDIVIDUAL RECOVERY AND THERAPY OUTCOMES
Full recovery from sexual addiction is possible with our professional counselling program. Many of Sex Addiction Australia’s clients, men and women, can give testimony to their own recovery success. All of them would agree that working through their personal challenges and sexual addictions has been difficult and hard at times; but all of them have confirmed that their efforts and commitment to change has paid off.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY OR BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Please contact our Sydney office for further obligation free information, or book your confidential individual appointment with Heide Book Or Enquire Online or Call Heide directly (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org