Sexual Health Counselling For Sex Addicts In Australia Sydney And Online
Sex addicts do not necessarily test positive for elevated levels of the sex hormone testosterone, but struggle with achieving, and maintaining, mental control over their sexual desires and compulsions for instant need gratification.
Once aroused and infatuated by sexual stimuli or thoughts, sex addicts experience overpowering urges of sexual excitement, and temporary impairment in their cognitive ability to assess risk, and making sound decisions for safe sex practise.
HIGH-RISK SEXUAL BEHAVIOURS
- Reckless unprotected sex, including sex with sex workers, casual sex partners, or sex affairs, and risking exposure to sexually transmitted infections including HIV.
- Acquiring injuries or infections when attempting to increase sexual pleasure by inflicting, or self-inflicting, pain.
- Acquiring injuries or nerve damage to the genitals when practising rough sex or risky masturbation techniques.
- Having sex with dangerous sex partners.
- Having sex in dangerous places.
- Having sex in public areas.
- Having unsafe sex under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- Committing sexual offences, and risking legal prosecution and imprisonment.
HIGH- RISK NON-SEXUAL BEHAVIOURS
- Compulsive tendencies to over-working, risking emotional and physical health.
- Disturbed sleep, and chaotic day to day living patterns.
- High stress activities.
- Extreme sports.
- Fast vehicles, speeding, and dangerous driving.
- Neglecting self-care.
- Risky or reckless approach to finance/high finance behaviour.
- Reckless and compulsive spending.
- Risking bankruptcy.
- Deliberate provocation of others, taking a risk of getting emotionally or physically hurt/punished.
- Compulsively confronting authorities.
- Excess drinking, eating, smoking.
- Recreational and prescription drug abuse.
- Self harming.
- Social isolation.
- Suicidal thoughts.
- PLEASE NOTE! IF YOU HAVE RECURRENT SUICIDAL THOUGHTS YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR, NEAREST HOSPITAL, POLICE, BEYOND BLUE, THE BLACK DOG INSTITUTE, LIFE LINE, OR YOUR SEX THERAPIST AND SEEK HELP. DEPRESSION IS A COMMON AND TREATABLE MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM, OFTEN ASSOCIATED WITH ADDICTION.
COUNSELLING FOR SEXUAL ADDICTIONS
Our sex therapist can help sex addicts fully recover. To get in touch with our sex therapist Heide in Sydney or nationally online, please call now (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org