Sex Addict Behaviour Confidential Counselling By Renowned Sex Therapist in Sydney & Online
Hypersexual Disorder, or Sex Addiction, may manifest in sex addicts in a vast variety of sexual compulsive behaviours and sexual preoccupations. These may include;
- Sexual Fantasy
- Sexual Obsessions
- Excessive Use Of Pornography
- Compulsive Masturbation
- Compulsive Internet Sex Use
- Multiple Partners/Affairs/Casual Sex
- Anonymous Sex
- Paying For Sex
- Trading Sex As A Commodity
- Seductive Roleplay/Power
- Exploitive Sex/Power
- Pain Exchange
- Frotteurism/Intrusive Sex
- Other Paraphilias
Take advantage of Affirmotive’s Sex Addiction Australia ASAA two decades of extensive clinical experience in private face to face and online sex addiction treatment. You can achieve your goal of quitting sex, love, and pornography addiction with us for good. Our qualified sex addiction therapist listens to you without judgement and is easy to talk to. Our therapy and professional counselling approach is research based, result focused, effective, and time and money saving. Our sessions are strictly confidential and designed to provide treatment solutions for your sexual addictive behaviours and disorders.
WHY SEXUAL ADDICTION DEVELOPS AND MANIFESTS
- Addiction research confirms in sex addicts genetic predisposition, underlying dysphoria, anxiety, and/or unresolved, often early life related trauma, inappropriate early life sexualisation, and repetitive exposure to environmental triggers.
- Sexual addicts may enact a vast variety of sexual behaviours and (unconsciously) managing their underlying emotional distress.
- Although sex addicts act out sex as a vehicle to self-soothe their emotional pain, their sexual engagement controversially incurs more distress to the addict themselves and considerable harm to their partners and others who are close to them.
- A majority of sex addicts are aware of the negative consequences their behaviour is causing, but nevertheless find themselves out of control and unable to stop their behaviour despite many failed attempts to do so.
- Many sex addicts are too ashamed to ask for help on time. They will only seek professional treatment when their sexual behaviour has finally spiralled out of control, or when their relationships are severely damaged and demand action, or when threatened by legal prosecution.
CYCLES OF SEX ADDICTION & BEHAVIOUR
The addictive urge to act out sex does not reinforce itself every day. It occurs periodically and in repetitive cycles.
- Frequent intrusive sexual thoughts and persistent sexual preoccupation.
- Sexual fantasy and ‘setting the stage’.
- Ritualistic leading up behaviours, self-comforting, getting in the mood.
- Acting out sexual behaviour.
- Short-term feelings of serenity and relief from stress and emotional discomfort.
- Soon followed by regrets, shame, guilt, self-loathing.
- Lack of fulfilment, emptiness.
- Persistent cravings.
- Unsuccessful attempts to permanently stop, or to cut down on compulsive sexual behaviours.
- Chronic relapse.
THREE STAGES OF COMPULSIVE SEXUAL ACTING-OUT BEHAVIOURS
Sexual acting-out behaviours may be broken down into three stages, differing in gravity, impact, and consequences. The majority of sexual addicts display behaviours as outlined in stage one only, and will not progress to stages two and three behaviours.
A smaller number of sexual addicts displays behaviours as explained in stage two, placing them either at risk of offending against the Australian law, or may already have committed an offence. Sexual behaviours as described in stage three are only acted out by a small number of sexual addicts, who can be classified as ‘Sex Offender’.
PLEASE NOTE: ASAA does NOT provide forensic services, and cannot provide sex addiction therapy to persons who are sex offenders.
STAGE ONE OF COMPULSIVE SEXUAL ACTING-OUT BEHAVIOURS
- Compulsive and excessive masturbation; masturbation may either be acted out with high frequency, or over prolonged time (e.g. edging).
- Compulsive and excessive use of pornography with or without masturbation; pornographic materials may be used with high frequency, or over prolonged periods of time.
- Compulsive use of Internet sex; including chat-rooms, apps, dating sites, videos, and social media.
- Compulsive use of telephone-sex.
- Compulsive relationships.
- Multiple sexual partners.
- Anonymous sex.
- Compulsive use of sex workers.
- Compulsive intimacy avoidance, sexual anorexia.
- Paraphilias, behaviours not offending against the law.
STAGE TWO OF COMPULSIVE SEXUAL ACTING-OUT BEHAVIOURS
- Indecent and non-consensual phone calls with explicit sexual content.
- Frotteurism intrusive sexual touching without permission, often acted out in crowded places and may be disguised as ‘accidental’ touch.
- Violation of sexual boundaries, such as abuse of power in return for sexual favours.
- Paraphilias (may offend against the law).
STAGE THREE OF COMPULSIVE SEXUAL ACTING-OUT BEHAVIOURS
- Sexual behaviours involving violence and threat.
- Child sexual abuse.
- Child molestation.
- Child pornography; including using, downloading, producing, and distributing pornographic images of children, or written text with sexual content featuring children.
- Paraphilias, behaviours offending against the law.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNTREATED SEX ADDICTION
- Ruptured relationships.
- Gradual decline in intimacy, contentment, fulfilment, meaning and connection with partner.
- Pornography induced erectile dysfunction (PIED).
- Loss of partner, relationship, marriage, and family.
- Loss of workplace.
- Loss of business, prestige, respect from others, self-respect.
- Diminished self-esteem.
- Guilt, shame, disconnect, aloneness, emptiness, isolation.
- Difficulties with meeting marital, family, professional, and social demands.
- Financial losses, financial hardship.
- Social isolation.
- Legal prosecutions.
GET HELP from our sex addiction specialists. Our sex therapy is tailored to our clients’ individual needs. We offer both, face-to-face and online professional counselling and sex addiction treatment.
NOTE SEX ADDICTION AUSTRALIA HAS A MANDATORY REPORTING DUTY IN THE EVENT OF CRIME. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET OFFENDED, BUT YOU ARE AT RISK TO OFFEND, SEX ADDICTION AUSTRALIA CAN HELP. Please refer to our LEGAL information page
ENQUIRE OR BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
For obligation free information about our face-to-face or online sex addiction counselling & therapy please call Heide in Sydney, or Book Or Enquire Online Call Heide Today (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email email@example.com