Diverse Sexuality And Sex Addict Behaviour Counselling in Sydney & Online
The expert sex addiction therapy and treatment at Affirmotive Sex Addiction Australia (ASAA) is research based, result focused, effective, and time and money saving. Our strictly private and confidential face to face counselling appointments in Sydney and Australia-wide online are designed to provide solutions for all types of sexual addictive disorders.
WHY SEXUAL ADDICTION DEVELOPS
- Addiction research confirms in addicts genetic predisposition, underlying trauma, and repetitive exposure to current triggers.
- Sexual addicts use sex/porn/masturbation to avoid stress, boredom, and feelings of emotional distress.
- Although sex addicts act out sex to escape their unmanageable underlying emotional turmoil, their sexual acting out always causes more distress to themselves and considerable harm to others.
- A majority of sex addicts are aware of negative consequences and potential harm their behaviour is causing, but find themselves unable to stop on their own.
- Sex addicts are often too ashamed to ask for help on time. They will only seek professional treatment when their sexual behaviour has spiralled out of control and their relationships are severely damaged, or when threatened by legal prosecution.
CYCLES OF SEX ADDICTION BEHAVIOUR
The addictive urge to act out sex does not reinforce itself every day, but rather occurs periodically and in repetitive cycles.
- Frequent intrusive sexual thoughts and persistent sexual preoccupation.
- Sexual fantasy and ‘setting the stage’.
- Ritualistic leading up behaviours, self-comforting, getting in the mood.
- Acting out sexual behaviour.
- Short-term feelings of serenity and relief from stress and emotional discomfort.
- Soon followed by regrets, shame, guilt, self-loathing.
- Lack of fulfilment, emptiness.
- Persistent cravings.
- Unsuccessful attempts to permanently stop or cutting down acting out behaviours.
- Chronic relapse.
THREE STAGES OF COMPULSIVE SEX ACTING OUT BEHAVIOURS
Sexual acting-out behaviours may be broken down into three stages, differing in gravity, impact, and consequences. The majority of sexual addicts display behaviours as outlined in stage one only, and will not progress to stages two and three behaviours.
A smaller number of sexual addicts displays behaviours as explained in stage two, placing them either at risk of offending against the Australian law, or may already have committed an offence. Sexual behaviours as described in stage three are only acted out by a small number of sexual addicts, who can be classified as ‘Sex Offender’.
PLEASE NOTE: ASAA does NOT provide forensic services, and cannot provide sex addiction therapy to persons who are sex offenders.
STAGE ONE OF COMPULSIVE SEX ACTING OUT BEHAVIOURS
- Compulsive and excessive masturbation; masturbation may either be acted out with high frequency, or over prolonged periods of time.
- Compulsive and excessive use of pornography with or without masturbation; pornographic materials may be used with high frequency, or over prolonged periods of time.
- Compulsive use of Internet sex; including chat-rooms, dating sites, videos, and social media.
- Compulsive use of telephone-sex.
- Compulsive relationships.
- Multiple sexual partners.
- Anonymous sex.
- Compulsive use of sex workers.
- Compulsive intimacy avoidance, sexual anorexia.
- Paraphilias, behaviours not offending against the law.
STAGE TWO OF COMPULSIVE SEX ACTING OUT BEHAVIOURS
- Indecent and non-consensual phone calls with explicit sexual content.
- Frotteurism sexual touching without permission, often acted out in crowded places and may be disguised as ‘accidental’ touch.
- Violation of sexual boundaries, such as abuse of power in return for sexual favours.
- Paraphilias (may offend against the law).
STAGE THREE OF COMPULSIVE SEX ACTING OUT BEHAVIOURS
- Sexual behaviours involving violence and threat.
- Child sexual abuse.
- Child molestation.
- Child pornography; including using, downloading, producing, and distributing pornographic images of children, or written text with sexual content featuring children.
- Paraphilias, behaviours offending against the law.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNTREATED SEX ADDICTION
- Ruptured relationships.
- Gradual decline in intimacy, contentment, fulfilment, meaning and connection with partner.
- Pornography induced erectile dysfunction (PIED).
- Loss of partner, relationship, marriage, and family.
- Loss of workplace
- Loss of business, prestige, self-respect.
- Diminished self-esteem.
- Guilt, shame, disconnect.
- Difficulties with meeting marital, family, professional, and social demands.
- Financial losses, financial hardship.
- Social isolation.
- Legal prosecutions.
GET HELP from our sex addiction specialists. Our sex therapy is tailored to our clients’ individual needs. We offer both, face-to-face and online professional counselling and sex addiction treatment.
NOTE SEX ADDICTION AUSTRALIA HAS A MANDATORY REPORTING DUTY IN THE EVENT OF CRIME. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET OFFENDED, BUT YOU ARE AT RISK TO OFFEND, SEX ADDICTION AUSTRALIA CAN HELP. Please refer to our LEGAL information page
EXPERT SEX ADDICTION COUNSELLING AND RELAPSE PREVENTION
For further information about our face-to-face or online sex addiction therapy, or booking a confidential appointment please contact Affirmotive Sex Addiction Australia in Sydney during AEST business hours, call Heide (+61) 02 9380 4486 or email email@example.com